Saturday, August 4, 2007

Dreamboard

I hope nobody was scared after my last post. It was just a declaration of principles, like my good friend Sergi said. I though better be positive than negative because thoughts attract the like. Positive thoughts attract positive thoughts and positive minded people, so, if i gotta have somebody read my blog and eventually become friends or partners, better be a positive minded person.

A very good tool to be optimistic through the day is to use a visionboard or a dreamboard. those boards where you stick pictures of your dreams. I stick mines on the wall next to my bed, so they are the first and last thing i see on the day. Here is one of them:



There i am on "my" private jet. This is just a thought that i keep everyday and i will achieve it pretty soon (the photo is real though). for me that is the ultimate freedom: fly anywhere you want when you want. and i want to pilot it myself. There are three countries that play an important role in my life and that i want to visit often. they are Spain, Switzerland and Singapore. I have lived there, i have friends & family there and i love them. they are wonderful on their own ways.

Like Yogi Berra famous line:
If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else.

Is good to have dreams but that is not enough. we must work hard for them, the beauty of our society is that somebody is out there ready to give us our dreams (material), but of course they expect something of higher value in exchange. thats is why, whatever business i consider, it must be something that ads value to people. if i can add 1$ worth of value to 3 million people, i will in exchange receive a 3Million dollar private jet from "those people out there willing to give me my dream".

Recently i have read the book "The science of getting rich" and watched the movies "The Secret" and "What the Bleep do we know?" All belonging to the "New thought movement". I don't fully subscribe them as hey are pseudoscience and are using scientifically biased opinions about Quantum physics to explain how our thoughts can shape the universe and produce us whatever we want. As nobody has managed to materialize a thing yet, even if they are right, i think is much easier to start a successful business. Nevertheless there are valuable lessons to learn from them, and they are: the power of your mind (to imagine and create things), improving others life's, the power of focused hard work, and gratitude for what we have already.

1 comment:

mpowrie said...

I like the idea of that dreamboard!

I've also recently watched "The Secret" and "What the Bleep?"

I really liked some of the concepts presented in both. When you think about it, they are both advocating the power of positive thinking over the dwelling of the mind on problems. This is something that motivational books and speakers have been discussing since time memorial. Rather than reading books or listening to audio tapes / MP3's though, "The Secret" and "What the Bleep" have published the material in the popular medium of the moment: movie's, complete with special effects, good sound tracks, actors and scripts.

What the Bleep goes further still and teaches you something about Quantum Physics too. Not bad for a couple of hours of entertainment!

I'm a big fan of motivational books and audio CDs, but these don't have universally broad appeal. I've found that getting my girlfriend to listen to these at home or on the way to work can be a bit like trying to tempt her into eating food that she doesn't like, but she was instantly attracted to these movies.